Saturday, October 4, 2008

What I Got

Okay, you are going to look at the following images and laugh. I could probably feed a small army on what I've got here at home, but remember, I didn't do a ton of stocking up. Just regular grocery shopping and what I've got already in the house. i must say I'm always surprised when I peek into my friends fridges. Ours always looks like this. Packed. And there are a lot of eggs because that is a separate eggsperiment.:

The fridge and freezer, tonight.


My Messy Pantry


Fresh Produce

I won't bore you with any more, but this is what we're going with and it should be interesting to see how far we can get. Remember, I do have two growing boys (and 2 girls, but they aren't eating me out of house and home at the same rate as their brothers). Bren and I see eye to eye and Caleb is in the 95% for height and weight. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Vashti said...

hiya!
i was just going through a few blogs and looking at what was there when i came across yours! I saw the challenge that you have put down for yourself and thought it would be interesting to see how it goes!!!!

Did you go shopping yet??????

hope you dont mind me tagging along and seeing how the experiment goes??!!

Have fun Vashtix

Jen said...

I'm really excited about this. I'm going to do it, too.

Usually when I get ready to go a long time without doing any major grocery shopping, it's not to bad if I plan right. I just make a month's worth of menus and then shop for the stuff.

I think the real challenge is in the fresh produce--like milk and veggies. I know I can go a long time on what I've got, with the exception of those fresh items.

So, I'm interested to see what happens. I'd be worried that once I ran out of milk, my resolve would crumble because my picky 7-year-old eater wouldn't touch powdered milk (or the counterfeit, as you call it) with a ten-foot-poll.

Thanks for inspiring us!

Jen