Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two Cheats

Okay, I have an occasions for cheating I have to fess up to right now. It's not exactly grocery shopping, but I do have to go into the grocery store to retrieve my needed item. The object of my requirement is DRY ICE and it is for all of the fun and festive activities we have planned for Halloween. Here are some things we are doing:
  1. I am doing dry ice science in KC's class. Click here to see what I mean.
  2. We are making a spook alley for our trick-or-treaters to enjoy and want lots of dense, rolling fog (the fog machine makes misty, slightly-opaque fog) to give a spooky effect.
  3. My kids like to experience explosions as frequently as they can, and though it doesn't involve pyrotechnics, Halloween and dry ice science explosions make a great interlude between Independence Day and New Years.

The thing about dry ice is that you can only get it from grocery stores. so, Friday morn, I'll be at a grocery story, breaking my first rule, by the letter of the law. But, I do justify myself by saying I will still be in keeping with the spirit of the law because I will NOT be grocery shopping. So, there's my first confession.

My second cheat is that I've broken rule # 3 and gotten another infusion of cash. Between costumes, camping, produce from the farm (including six smashing pumpkins), and two dinners out (just sandwiches or fresh mex, but still) for the whole fam, I blew through my hundred bucks a week ago. I received an infusion of $50 and that should get me through the end of the experiment, cash wise.

So, again, that was all in the spirit of full disclosure. Just trying to be accountable, even if only to myself. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and interest. Look for some of my great successes and failures in the home stretch of our experiment, to be posted soon.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I can't believe that you didn't have dry ice down in the storage! I have at least 10 pounds of it. lol. You are now my hero! October is almost over.