Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Handy Dandy Food Storage Calculator

I’ve had lots of questions on what to get and what I‘ve got. For online security purposes, and so if things ever get really bad I don’t have some guy backing up a u-haul to my front door to cart off all my food storage, I’m just going to tell you items we’ve gathered and keep quantities confidential. This way, if that guy ever does come knocking, I can just say, “What food storage? We ate it all. Didn’t you read my blog? I didn’t go to the store for a whole month.”

But, internet security aside, I will point you to your very own, very complete food storage calculator, here: http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

There are others on the web, but this is the original Provident Living calculator, which has since been replaced by a slimmed-down version to meet the needs of food-storers world wide who may not be up on powdered fruit drink and peanut butter. And, just because it’s been replaced with a simpler, sleeker version, doesn’t make this one less true, just less universally applicable. So, sorry to my blog followers in distant lands where Jello isn’t as much a commodity as it is here. There’s still lots of good stuff on the list.

Expect my full inventory of food storage items (minus the amounts) in an upcoming post.

No comments: