Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Rules - No More Grocery Shopping

Here is a simple list of rules for myself while conducting this experiment.

  1. No more trips to the grocery store between now and election day, November 4, 2008. The grocery store is any type of supermarket - Smiths, Albertsons, Costco, Wal-Mart, etc.
  2. I can go to the orchard for local produce and the fresh eggs,and to the gas station for milk if I must, but only with cash.
  3. All food purchases must come from my $100 of cash - including family fun and dates.
  4. Blog all meals, menus, errands and purchases for accountability’s sake.

In the spirit of full disclosure I will say that we are working on our general preparedness. I feel like the food part is pretty well done, that's why this is No More Grocery Shopping. However, we do still have some purchases to make as far as other items go, like we need radios and lanterns, etc. Those are separate from the food budget and I'll probably have to go to the outdoor goods place. The point is to avoid the grocery store.

No comments: