Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Posting Plan - Another Longing for Walden

Okay, if you didn’t already know this, blogs can be pretty consuming. When I began the No More Grocery Shopping Experiment two months ago, I anticipated having lots more free time on my hands. I feel like I do have more time, but filling it with blogging wasn't at the top of my list of what to do with all that time. I wish I could say it’s easy to stay on track with this lifestysle. It's not, and I'm constantly side-tracked.

The challenge with this blog isn’t just writing it. It’s living the current experiment while simulteneously preparing for the next one; then I have to decide what to write, the thing I’m preparing for or the thing I’m in the middle of. This month, for instance, I’ve been trying too many things. I’m simplifying my holidays and recording that experience, and I’m gearing up for a year of No More Grocery Shopping (actually only entering the grocery store once a month for the year) beginning next month. I write a little about both (what I’m doing and what I’m planning to do), but I don’t feel satisfied that I’m giving either aspect adequate attention, never mind the rest of my life and commitments.

So, here’s the plan. I will have new posts every Tuesday and Thursday. If there is a random post in between, good for me, but I won’t plan on it. For those of you who actually read this blog, you’ll know when to expect something new and I’ll be free to do with my time the things I really wanted to do before I started the experiment, namely:
  • Read Les Misérables(I’m only on page 128 of 1400+)
  • Write the things I love (not about food storage and grocery shopping)
  • Nurture myself, my husband and children and other relationships
  • Further simplify my life and home
  • A bunch of other stuff I can't remember

Walden has been calling to me for some time now and I think it’s time I go. Like Thoreau, I seek the peace of simpler times, but I don’t want to be cut off completely, I just want to know that we can live a little more self-sufficiently than before. So, expect to hear from me a couple’a times a week. If you need better, wiser, more purposeful, user-friendly and organized ideas than mine, check out the blogs in my list on the side bar. They really are overflowing with good things.

I’ll be back on Tuesday. Peace and plenty to all of you.
Love,
Mariah

1 comment:

Katie-Rose said...

I think that Tuesdays and Thursdays are a great idea! I will put it on my callendar to check in on those days. Also, I looove your blog!