Sunday, November 23, 2008

Do’s and Don’ts of Food Storage Sharing

Alright everyone. I know some of you read this in hopes of finding something useful, only to have those hopes dashed when you find my aimless ramblings instead. But, I have to say, this blog evolves as I go. It may seem pointless and meandering at times, but I think it is all working toward one great purpose and that is helping me get straight in my self and my shelves what I need to help my family, and others, thrive in hard times. So, this week was about using my food storage to help a friend, making sure produce was a part of my life and always remembering to wear protective eye gear when playing with pellet guns. I hope you found something useful here. Here is the promised list of do's and don'ts of food storage sharing:
  1. Do share what you have with friends in need.
  2. Don’t try something new when the need is great, unless you are ready with a Plan B.
  3. Do find creative ways to get around making one more trip to the store.
  4. Don’t insist on traditional recipes tasting exactly the same once you’ve given them a food storage modification.
  5. Do persist in getting it right, eventually it will be good enough.
  6. Don’t keep all of your great frugal food ideas to yourself. Share them, and help the rest of us avoid a possible food storage fiasco.
  7. Do borrow from other neighbors and give them a chance to help as well. (Bren would have used fresh cream for his alfredo, instead of canned milk, and it was offered, but I refused. Hmm. What did I say about those in need refusing help?)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

About that cream, I had to throw it out two days later. It lived an un fulfilled life. Poor cream...

but your sauce was great without it! A lesson learned by me, that I can survive without cream.