Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 5 - $2 A Day - Budget Blown

We blew our budget today with an emergency stop for Jimmie John's sandwiches. $15.35 for three subs we shared. Tomorrow is another day.

Breakfast
None! Gordon ran out the door when his ride showed up just a bit early.  Kids slept late.  I went to the doc and then to a friend's.  she fed me lovely blueberry pancakes with coconut syrup.  BACON on the side. It was awesome. Kids slept way past breakfast which is fine by me. My kids run so hard during the school year, summer is about catching upon personal persists, family time and SLEEP.

Lunch
Gordon was working a half day, but missed his train home and ended up walking a couple of miles to meet us at a Barnes and noble by his work. Kids were just getting up, and I was on my way home from my friends when I realized we needed to take a little ride to go get him. I'd promised Barnes and noble today for book browsing and we just had to leave. I made an executive decision that given the time crunch and the fact that no one had eaten we should pick up sandwiches and share them. Kids were so overjoyed they hurried and got their chores done and we were out the door in plenty of time to meet him. 

3 sandwiches - $15.95

Dinner
Although we had already blown the budget for the day, we resisted the urge to ignore the budget entirely . I was sorely tempted by National Hotdog Day deals promising fully loaded $1 hotdogs and free fountain drinks. We didn't do it. We wanted chocolate milk and mozzarella sticks. It is easy to tell yourself, "since we already blew it, might as well go big."  We resisted that very powerful temptation. The road to hell may be paved with bargain items we really don't need. Instead, we had cold cereal. 

No comments: