Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 4 - $2 A Day

      
      
Today, everyone got up late, so we really only had 2 meals. I felt myself getting edgy and anxious before dinner.  I'm due for my quarterly migraine/hormone shot. It could have been that. Or, I was just hungry.   Either way, I probably should have had a snack. All the kids seemed fine today.  The waffles for brunch were served pretty close to noon, were made of whole wheat, and seemed to carry everybody (except me) just fine until dinner. No real contention or longing not to be on experiment.  Although, there were a few mozzarella references, everyone was really happy we had cheese and sour cream with our dinnerl.  

Of note:  Hannah made most of the evening meal herself.  I chopped onions, peppers, and cilantro. She made Spanish rice, seasoned black beans, and semi-fresh salsa (canned tomatoes, everything else from the garden or the fridge). Quote of the day - "You know, cooking is just adding a bunch of stuff together in a container or a pan, mixing and stirring, adding here and there, and maybe heating it up until it tastes right."  Yep! So, take credit for your mixing, stirring, spicing-it-up contribution, girl!

Brunch - 
Whole wheat Waffle mix - $0.85
Syrup - $0.50
Strawberries - $1.25

Brunch total - $2.60

Dinner -
Chips - $2.30
10 corn tortilla - $1
Sour cream - $1
3 cans blacks beans - $1.95
Cheese ($2.60x.5)- $1.30
1/2 onion - $0.25
1 bunch cilantro - $0.70
1 can rotel - $1
1 can diced tomatoes - $0.65
1/2 lb cabbage - $0.17
Leftover rice - free
Spices and Peppers - free

Dinner total - $10.32

Daily total - $12.92

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have some great meal plans! I am going to share this with my wife. She has wanted to cut back on the amount of money we spend on groceries. I had no idea you could feed a family on $2 a day!
http://www.tritownfoods.com