Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Original Fast Foods

I just got off the phone with one of the authors of the book "Original Fast Foods." Click the link and go to their site, it is very thought provoking. Anyway, I have been pondering my experiments of late - how to better stay out of the stores and how to rely more on creativity and ingenuity in our own kitchen - and I was pointed in this direction by two different sources.

So, can we do more with whole food, learn to use them as they were intended and simplify our lives in the process? I think we can. The answer to this question gets to the crux of my purpose behind No More Grocery Shopping. Remember Thoreau and the confines he wanted to shed. I don't want to get rid all commerce and spending in my life, or my nearest and dearest food favorites, but I think I can do better than I have. It was inspiring to talk to someone who is living in line with his convictions and helping others to do so also.

Is life easier when you begin to move outside the confines of the norm? I don’t think so, but is it good? I would have to say a resounding yes. Here’s what I’m learning. A simpler life doesn’t mean an easier life. Go chew on that for a while.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

So impressed with the work you've done here so far!

Is life easier when you begin to move outside the confines of the norm? Not at first. It takes extra effort to get out of the gravitational pull of the norm. Once you do that, then you are free. So, yes, that extra effort is so worth it.

Thanks for being an inspiration.