Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Swine Flu

Well, my No More Grocery Shopping Spree did not factor in the flu. So, there was a trip to the store for cough meds. I've got other fever/cold/allergy preparations on hand, but cough medicine was a must, so when I went I stocked up. Other cheater items included Popsicles, Sprite and fruit juice. But, on the whole we have survived pretty well with what we have here in the pantry and food storage.

On a more positive note, I saved a ton of money last month by not going to the store for anything other than emergency swine flu supplies. Even driving a bit further for my milk and produce I still saved a lot of money. Now we're on to another month and I'm hoping to keep expenses down to the point that I can keep going for another several months on the cash we have on hand.

Sorry for the infrequent posts. I have some exciting things going on and will post about them soon. School, swine flu, business prospects, marriage and mothering tend to take up all of my time these days. Thank goodness for kids who can cook and fold laundry. Not that they do it all the time, but hey it helps to have someone pick up the slack every now and then. And I think I've already mentioned that Don is a much better home maker than I am.

1 comment:

Adhis said...

I was wondering where you've been!!

We did this annual Mock Emergency thing through Food Storage Made Easy's website. I learned A LOT, but the main thing I realized is that we needed to prepare for the most likely thing, which is being stuck at home due to illness. I haven't acquired all of our supplies, but I immediately went and got extra Kleenex, EmergenC, soups, juice, Baby Tylenol, and cough drops to ease things.

How are you guys feeling now?